The Broccoli Habit



It has been a couple weeks now since I last posted thanks to a very busy schedule. During October I've been trying to step up my posts and shares, but I clearly have not quite ingrained the habit as deeply as I need to. Which brings us to this article on how to effectively implement new habits in your life. It is interesting to me that I am struggling just a tad with the regular posting habit even as I come up on the two year mark for my dieting and exercise habits.

One thing that I am currently testing with this post is a new IFFFT recipe to automate the post. In the past I would use Hootlet to share interesting pages to LinkedIn and then effectively create a cross post manually on my blog. That was mainly to keep the LinkedIn post a bit cleaner. However, that significantly slows things down (2 posts versus one post). Yesterday I attended an online project management webinar about some time management strategies and one of the questions to examine when developing a task list is whether an item can be automated. So I decided to see if I can automate the cross-posting of these articles and shares. Once I see how this works over on the LinkedIn side, I'll decide whether I want to continue or not.


The Broccoli Point: Why Creating Habits Is Hard - Personal Growth

Most newly proposed systems or habits (mental or physical) follow a basic formula whereby a solution is proposed with no broccoli needing to be eaten. Lose weight, no problem! Get rich, no problem! Train your brain in 30 days, no problem!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - A Whack on the Side of the Head

Spreading the Load

The Perils of Collaboration