Assessing Your Productivity Style

I have assessed myself throughout my career using a variety of tools like Myers-Briggs. However, this article from FacileThings is the first time I've run across a similar type tool for assessing productivity styles (although this seemed to lean more toward project management). For the record, I followed the link to the HBR tool and I am a Planner (description below) - although I haven't seen descriptions for the others, this seems accurate based on how I like to work. This seems like it would be a good way to not only assess yourself, but your team members as well to help manage the dynamics of people working together.
---------------------------
You are a PLANNER.
Planners prefer organized, sequential, and detailed thinking. They create to-do lists, set aside time for tasks, and prepare thorough and accurate project plans. They don’t waste time on anything unproductive or unimportant. They comply with laws, policies, regulations, and quality and safety criteria, and they frequently complete work ahead of deadline.
Productivity tools that appeal to Planners include:
  • project management apps like Tom’s Planner and digital lists like OmniFocus, which let them track work by project, place, person, or date
  • Agendas, an iPad app for creating and sharing interactive agendas
  • label makers, file folders, filing cabinets, drawer organizers, and pen holders

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - A Whack on the Side of the Head

Spreading the Load

Mindsets in the Workplace